Above, around, beside, below, on, off, and under. I love exploring prepositions in preschool and K-2 dance classes. There are many options with books. You might extract out the prepositions, and create a movement phrase (like with Tana Hoban's Over, Under, and Through). You might play with different parts, dividing the class into two to explore the "above ground" and "under the ground" ideas (such as in Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner).
- Over, Under, and Through - Tana Hoban
- Rosie's Walk - Pat Hutchins
- Star Climbing - Lou Fancher, with paintings by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt - Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury
- Over and Under in the Snow - Kate Messner, with art by Christopher Silas Neal